Project ManagerPosition Title:
Project Manager - Indianapolis, Merrillville, Louisville, Chicago and surrounding areas
Thieneman Construction, a union general contractor of Water and Wastewater is seeking a Project Manager in Indianapolis, Merrillville, Louisville, Chicago and surrounding areas.
Thieneman Construction (TCI) is growing rapidly in Central Indiana, Northwest Indiana / Chicago area, and Louisville, KY and is headquartered in our new office in Westfield, IN. This growth is creating new career opportunities for talented professionals!
Thieneman Construction, Inc. is a leading environmental general contractor specializing in Water and Wastewater plant construction. As a self-performing GC, Thieneman builds municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities, with project size from $2 to $20 million. Established in 1999, Thieneman operates from two locations, Westfield, IN and Merrillville, IN.
As a Project Manager, you will coordinate all technical activities for assigned projects. Support our Project Superintendents and Project Engineers on projects ranging from $2-20M. Your Team will write detailed scopes for purchase orders and sub contracts, evaluate contracts for technical clarity, and have responsibility of managing all aspects of construction process including schedule procurement, planning and coordination with the superintendent to execute the project on time and on budget. Manage the scheduling of subcontractors while coordinating required construction paperwork with our office personnel.
• Direct responsibility for cost control and forecasting project cost.
• Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate assigned engineering work.
• Monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Thieneman Construction’s standards.
• Ensure effective communication and coordination of assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
• Recognize technical problems within various disciplines and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
• Be on site regularly to work with Superintendents and Project Engineers.
• Understand and enforce the general conditions of the contracts.
• Coordinate effective team meetings on a weekly basis to enforce completion of project.
• 10+ years of relevant construction management preferred.
• Post-college field experience in estimating, purchasing, submittal review, CAD, and cost control.
• Experience in concrete, excavation, underground and exposed piping.
• Prefer experience in heavy civil or mechanical type projects.
• Mechanically minded problem solver with excellent math aptitude.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Professional with effective communication skills to keep people on task.
• Results-oriented with ability to manage people and tasks in a deadline driven environment.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org