Environmental Compliance Specialists
(13) Environmental Compliance Specialists!!!!
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports to the project Environmental Compliance Manager, assisting in the implementation and maintenance of environmental compliance requirements and procedures. The Environmental Compliance Specialist must be familiar with RCRA, CAA Title V, and NPDES requirements, along with knowledge of contingency plans and emergency preparedness requirements. Successful candidates will oversee a comprehensive environmental inspection program to prevent environmental non-compliance.
Individuals will ensure compliance with environmental regulations and permit requirements during new RCRA TSDF startup, systemization, operations and closure. Individuals will be responsible for oversight of monitoring records and reporting requirements, facility inspection records and compliance documentation related to the RCRA Hazardous Waste Operating Permit, the CAA Title V Air permit, KPDES Industrial Storm Water Permit and TSCA. A significant portion of the effort will include verifying daily operating record information as required by 40 CFR 264.73 and the RCRA Hazardous Waste Operating Permit to ensure that submittals are complete and accurate.
Individual will provide input to start up, systemization, operations and closure teams.
Detailed responsibilities include:
• Assist with regulatory required sampling, analytical testing, and agency reporting
• Startup, shutdown and malfunction investigation and reporting
• Compliance oversight of hazardous waste storage, satellite and container accumulation areas
• Prepare shift summary reports
• Provide compliance technical support and assistance to Operations group
• Verify daily operating records for completeness and accuracy
• Monitor plant housekeeping and storm water BMPs
• Spill response oversight and facility contamination history reporting
• Participate in noncompliance event/incident investigations and corrective actions
• Assist with facility closure package documentation to support RCRA Closure Certification
• Ensure RCRA Equipment PM checks are performed
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, science or related field
• At least five (5) years of experience in environmental compliance programs regarding hazardous waste management, solid waste management, air or water compliance, or auditing of environmental programs, preferably in a treatment, storage and disposal facility (TSDF) or demilitarization facility, chemical plant, nuclear or fossil power generating station, naval or maritime station, or other heavy industry.
• Demonstrated oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of RCRA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act requirements. Knowledge of Kentucky hazardous waste regulations (KAR/KRS) preferred.
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) placard, packaging, and waste transportation regulations (e.g. 49 CFR) preferred.
• CHMM registration preferred
• Principles, practices, and techniques of environmental protection
• Hazardous waste and/or material handling, storage, labeling, and disposal requirements of various federal, State, and local agencies
• Water pollution prevention concepts of various federal, State, and local agencies
• Air pollution prevention requirements of various federal, State, and local agencies
• Oil and hazardous substance contingency planning concepts and oil pollution prevention requirements of various federal, State, and local agencies
• HAZ MAT certification and experience preferred.
****Will Pay $1500 BONUS for REFERRALS that get HIRED!!
***Submit resume in word to SNarjano@superbtechinc.com
***Send (2) References of Manager/Supervisor
***Send Month of Birth, Day of Birth, NOT YEAR
***Send Last (4) of Social Security
***This information is put into our Engineering Client's portal. Without this info,you will NOT be submitted.
Additionally, Star will call you after receiving this information
***These are PERMANENT JoBS!!!