Construction Inspector - Northern KY
The construction inspector will perform general engineering related inspections on the construction and rehabilitation of new and existing storm and sanitary sewer lines, green infrastructure/BMPs, and performs other engineering tasks on an as needed basis.
• Inspect routine and moderately complex wastewater and storm water construction projects.
• Inspection of local storm water quality BMPs, detention basins, and green infrastructure control structure construction.
• Coordinate related construction site activities with the public, other governmental and nongovernmental agencies, and other utilities.
• Perform and oversee various testing as required by the contract specifications, SD1 acceptance criteria and Rules & Regulations.
• Enforce compliance with SD1 plans and specifications and rules and regulations, including conflict resolution with contractors
• Consult with the project manager or project engineer situations that require their involvement
• Investigate and respond to construction-related complaints from the general public.
• Generate, organize, review, and maintain inspection, photo documentation, and testing records.
• Maintain assigned equipment and fleet to SD1 standards.
• Enforce compliance with SD1 site safety plan requirements.
• Complete standard construction forms and photo documentation with minimal errors
• Inspect and enforce contract requirements pertaining to erosion and sediment control.
• Manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Perform other duties as necessary within the engineering department.
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED; and a minimum of five years related experience in the field of storm and sanitary sewer construction and/or training; or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience.
• Building and Construction - Proficient in interpreting sanitary and storm sewer construction plans, including an ability to recognize and pay close attention to details.
o Knowledge of sewer pipe construction practices, construction methods, equipment, and environmental practices, including special techniques such as trenchless construction (CIPP, jack & bore, directional drilling, etc.)
o Understanding and ability to enforce testing standards (Air-testing, vacuum testing, mandrel testing, force main testing, etc.) as specified in the ASTM, Uni-bell, AWWA, and other applicable standard as it relates to sanitary and storm sewer construction.
o Understand basic concrete principals and inspection of cast-in-place concrete
o Understand basic hot mix asphalt paving principals and inspection
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as construction specifications, construction plans, construction submittals, change orders, and procedure manuals.
• Engineering and Technology - Basic knowledge of and ability to use SD1 GIS mapping to find information i.e. structures, pipes, ownership, etc.
o Understanding of geotechnical principals as related to the construction of pipe (i.e. compaction, bedding material, bedding requirements, etc.)
o Understanding of algebra, geometry, basic survey methods (slope calculations, utilization of tripod level and laser level for determination of grade, etc.)
o Ability to operate surveying equipment to establish elevations and grades, as applicable, of wastewater infrastructure.
o Ability to complete basic sewer and storm water line locations in the field.
Pay grade: $20.08 - $27.44 (based on skills and experience)
If you are interested in being considered for this position, visit the employment page of our website at www.SD1.org
and apply on-line using the electronic application. You may also attach a resume to your electronic application by choosing “upload document”.
If, due to a disability, you need assistance in completing the on-line application, contact the Human Resources Department via email at Info@sd1.org
Application Deadline: Friday, January 26, 2018