Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations - Bowling Green, KY
Full consideration given to applications received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 4, 2017
BGMU has a full-time opening for Wastewater Treatment Plant operations. BGMU offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, LTD, paid holidays, leave benefits. The position is scheduled to work 40 hours per week (either 2nd or 3rd shift, TBD) with rotating weekends off. This position monitors wastewater treatment processes and performs operational duties necessary for the proper operation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant. If the successful candidate does not currently possess certification in wastewater treatment through the state of Kentucky, this individual will be required as a condition of employment to progress toward certified operator status through training and certification testing. Training and testing expenses paid by BGMU, with pay rate increase upon certification. Base pay is commensurate with wastewater certification level attained. Essential functions include:
• monitoring gauges, meters and control panels to ensure proper equipment operation
• utilizing computer systems to monitor automated plant operating systems, remote facilities, and security systems
• performing preventative maintenance on equipment as needed
• operating various equipment, including pumps, valves and controls on unit processes
• conducting sampling during the treatment process
• making adjustments to process upsets, mixing chemicals required in treatment, and performing basic tests
• recordkeeping related to testing and maintenance
• performing other duties which may be assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
This individual must be able to perform duties efficiently and effectively with or without direct supervision. The work requires moderate physical effort to perform manual labor tasks. Work will be performed outside subject to prevailing weather conditions. This individual must be able to operate a front-end loader, dump truck, air packs, and all operations equipment found in a secondary wastewater treatment plant. The work environment involves proximity to untreated wastewater, and requires the individual to follow prescribed safety practices and to use safety equipment such as gloves, hard-toe shoes, respirators, SCBA or air-line supplied respirator, and protective clothing such as tyvek suits. Use of computers with standard office software is required. Competency in basic math is required.
A high school diploma or graduate equivalency. A valid Kentucky driver's license is required. Must have the ability to obtain certification in wastewater treatment through the state of Kentucky.
Possession of certification by KY Division of Water as a wastewater treatment plant operator (Class I or higher). Experience using backhoe, forklift, and Bobcat.
Applicants must submit the BGMU Employment Application, which is available on our website (www.bgmu.com
) within the Careers area. Resumes alone will not be accepted. Application forms are also available at our 801 Center Street office in downtown Bowling Green. Warren County, KY residency is required within 6 months of employment. This position is open until filled. Full consideration will be given to applications received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 4, 2017. All qualified individuals may apply by submitting the BGMU Application for Employment by:
1. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(place "WWTP Operations" in subject line).
2. Fax to 270-782-4565.
3. Mail to Attn: Human Resources – WWTP Operations, Bowling Green Municipal Utilities, P.O. Box 10300, Bowling Green KY, 42102-7300.
4. Deliver application materials to the receptionist at 801 Center Street.
BGMU is a Kentucky certified Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Minority and female applicants are encouraged to apply.