GIS Administrator - Bowling Green, KY
BGMU is seeking applicants for the position GIS Administrator in the W/W Engineering Department. This full-time salaried position assists the W/W Engineering Superintendent in the development, maintenance, and use of BGMU’s geographic information system (GIS) and its related databases in support of capital asset management, water and wastewater system and plant operations, customer service, and related activities.
Essential duties include:
• Assist and advise the W/W Engineering Superintendent with:
o Long range GIS system and project planning and development
o Capital and operating budget planning
o GIS personnel professional development and training
o GIS workload and resource allocation
o Development of data documentation and data maintenance procedures
• Oversee and administer the W/W Division’s ArcGIS Enterprise.
• Develop workflow for department, GIS production schedules, and GIS project methodologies.
• Manage data conversion, design, development and quality assurance.
• Manage W/W Engineering’s ArcGIS online organization and its security.
• Train and manage training of BGMU staff in the use of GIS applications.
• Collaborate with W/W Division departments to develop use cases for GIS applications.
• Manage the development of specific GIS applications for other W/W departments.
• Coordinate mapping support to internal and external customers as required.
• Coordinate W/W GIS activities with BGMU’s collateral enterprise system (e.g. iVue)
Skills and Qualifications: Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook software programs, as well as with Geographical Information Systems including its uses, applications and programming. Practical experience in:
• GIS-based mapping software (e.g. ESRI/ArcGIS, AutoCAD/AutoDesk, MapInfo, Hexagon, QGIS) and GIS multi-user geodatabase system management including: quality assurance and quality control best practices, error troubleshooting and correction; data conversion, use of SQL (or other query language in broad use).
• Writing database queries and scripts to support management capital construction, system maintenance and repair decisions. Practical experience in using RDBMS, ideally knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle;
• Custom application development using Python, Java Script API, HTML, CSS, XML or other modern programming languages.
• Demonstrated proficiency using GIS-related equipment including plotters, scanners, and GPS equipment.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Geographic Information Systems, Geography, City and Regional Planning, Computer Science or Engineering. GIS Certificate from an approved undergraduate GIS program. Six (6) years of practical work experience in GIS environment, including BGMU experience and/or other similar experience outside BGMU. Warren County, KY residency is required within 6 months of employment.
Preferred Characteristics: Designation as or pursuit of GISP (Certified GIS Professional) and ESRI Geodata Management Associate certification (or comparable GIS database management certification acceptable to BGMU).
Applicants must apply online at https://www.bgmu.com/career/job-application/
. Applicants lacking a computer with internet access can find these tools at the Kentucky Career Center, 803 Chestnut Street in downtown Bowling Green. The position is open until filled. Applications received by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, September 10, 2018 will receive the best opportunity for consideration.
BGMU is a Kentucky Certified Drug-Free Workplace and an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer who recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minority and female applicants are encouraged to apply.