Director of Projects, Water Services
Director of Projects, Water Services - Nashville, TN
Why join us?
Barge Design Solutions is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 60 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
• Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
• Authentic – Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
• Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
• Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
• Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
What We’re Looking For
Barge is currently seeking to fill the position of Director of Projects in our Water Services Business Unit. This is a leadership role and is critical to the strategic objectives of the overall unit. The role has overall responsibility to establish and monitor project performance goals for the group. Time is spent providing overall leadership and guidance to the Project Management team within the unit and managing multi- discipline, complex design projects that include Utility System Master Planning, Water/ Wastewater Pipelines, Water/ Wastewater Pump stations, Water/ Wastewater Treatment Plants, Wet Weather Flows, etc. This role assists the Business Unit Director (BUD) by ensuring projects meet overall business unit performance. This role is expected to have strong client relationship interaction with a proven record of successfully leading complex design projects.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Develops Project Management procedures including proposal preparation, fee calculations, contract review, work breakdown structures, and other business processes within Water Service Practice Areas.
• Provides guidance to staff and other Engineers on project management and business management processes within various areas to include Utility System Master Planning, Water/ Wastewater Pipelines, Water/ Wastewater Pump stations, Water/ Wastewater Treatment Plants, Wet Weather Flows, and other .
• Manages a team of employees that can range from medium to large size across multiple office locations. This role will have all talent management responsibilities for a team of individuals including, but not limited to hiring, coaching, and separation.
• Assists BUD to ensure projects progress as needed to meet strategic and business goals.
• Works closely with BUD, Client Services Lead, and direct reports to develop and submit proposals on key opportunities and to define specific initiatives.
• Active role in advising and executing strategic business planning activities in multiple practice areas within the Water Services Unit.
• Key participant in leadership meetings.
• Embrace and champion our Purpose, Vision, and Values with all employees, teams, and direct reports.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited program. Minimum of 15 years’ experience. PE registration.
• Attend and participate in PM training programs.
• Walk, sit, and stand. Occasionally reach with hands, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Occasionally climb 25-30 feet. Occasionally lift up to 40 lbs. Visual acuity sufficient to read alpha/ numeric symbols for computation and design.
• Ability to adapt quickly and respond effectively to project issues that arise
• Some travel (10%)
Interested applicants please apply at the link below.